Saturday 9 August 2014

My Hot Holiday Essentials - Fashion

I wasn't sure what to do for my blog post today, but In the end I decided to take inspiration from Charlotte's last post and do my fashion essentials. I am going on holiday to Menorca on Monday but as I am staying over night in London tomorrow I have to pack today (I'm not very organised at all), so it was the perfect opportunity to write my blog post.
So here is some of my favourite summer clothes, and items you mustn't forget when going on a summer holiday!


1. First of all, you obviously you will need to take a few pairs of shorts. These a quite a new purchase from Topshop, I got them for £30 which I didn't think was that bad for Topshop. These are high waisted which I love and I also love that they are the mom style so they aren't too short. I have worn them so much recently, they go with everything and are extremely comfortable.

Excuse how creased they look, oops.


2. Another absolute essential is crop tops, these are my favourite things to wear when it is hot and I have quite a lot. The ones shown below are from Topshop and H&M, I think the Topshop one was only about £10 and the H&M one was an absolute bargain at £4 ish. Most crop tops are really affordable and look nice on most people.




3. Colourful, bright dresses are a must on holiday, they are super easy to throw over a bikini or wear with some heeled sandals for a summery evening outfit. This dress was from new look, I can't remember the price but I like the daisies and the bright red compliments my skin tone.



4. If you need something to throw on in the evening if it gets a bit chilly, or to just wear down the the beach I would wear a kimono. My kimono was £15 from boohoo, I chose to get a really neutral colour so it would go with everything and look nice with whatever I am wearing. This is a really recent purchase and I love it so much!



5.  Of course you will need to pack a bikini or two, to wear while sunbathing or in the pool. Along with the kimono I also bought two new bikinis from boohoo, They were £18 each, as you can see below I have only taken a picture of my blue one but I also got it in purple.



6. Another thing that is absolutely essential is some sunglasses, protect your eyes! My sunglasses have gone missing but I have a picture of my sisters below, I have no clue  what they cost or where they're from but you get the idea..



7. Lastly, is shoes! Three main shoes essentials I think are flip flops so you can slip them on and off really easily if you are going swimming etc.., casual sandals/ jelly shoes; I think jelly shoes are great to wear to the beach because they are waterproof and won't get ruined and finally formal/heeled sandals to wear if you are going out somewhere nice. The flip flops below are from superdry obviously and the sandals are both from new look.



I hope you enjoyed reading this post for some summer fashion inspiration, and make sure you check out the blog next week as me and Charlotte are both on out holidays so there will be some interesting blogs!

Thanks for reading make sure you comment below and follow if you enjoyed it,
Written by Lucy x

2 comments: